jdam

Wrenching in PA

Wrenching in PA  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which day is better?

• 11/16
    • 11/23

206 posts in this topic

Nah. Sent it out. Get in on the thread on jko. Best gig that place has going. Free tool for $5 shipping

would u recommend that over the insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Sent it out. Get in on the thread on jko. Best gig that place has going. Free tool for $5 shipping

Worth it to get one to have here?

and/or a BJ Press Kit?  anything else?  Nutsert Tool?

Also, be careful when reaming the knuckle. I went a tad too deep and it caused my boot to tear, Christian and jjg are helping remedy the issue. Got a new 1 ton end, and both adapters since I'm not sure what size he current hole is. Obviously it's bigger than .730". Going to drill the knuckle to fit the adapter, hopefully everything goes well.

Worth it to get one to have here?

and/or a BJ Press Kit? anything else? Nutsert Tool?

If you're serious, the OTC master 4x4 kit is the best bet. The reamer would be nice, but I think the bj kit would be used more. I do think the nutsert tool would be nice too, but not necessarily over the bj kit.

Let me clarify my stance on ball joints. I absolutely loathe doing ball joints. I would rather do kingpins on Isuzus all day long. I can be bought though. My hourly rate is $50 an hour.

If you're serious, the OTC master 4x4 kit is the best bet. The reamer would be nice, but I think the bj kit would be used more. I do think the nutsert tool would be nice too, but not necessarily over the bj kit.

Let me clarify my stance on ball joints. I absolutely loathe doing ball joints. I would rather do kingpins on Isuzus all day long. I can be bought though. My hourly rate is $50 an hour.

And if all goes well. Time to do it at the 50 bucks an hour

OK so we're going to organize this so we can get as many rigs done as possible.

We're going to put Adam and Tom in the garage at 9 AM.  I'll help Tom seal up Tom's airbox and get that set up while Nascar cuts metal.  We can expect Tom's rig to be in the garage most of the day.

At that same time we'll get Adam off the ground so we can get his rig on Jack stands and attack his driveshafts or whatever ails the beast.  I'm going to assume that Nascar will probably be giving technical assistance on Adam's issues while working on Tom's snorkel.  I'll help Adam, or at least get in the way.

We can put Eric's rig in the driveway in front of Tom's rig and get him up on Jack stands as well.  If it is just springs rear arms and a track bar, that should only be a few hours.  I have some pads to keep you off the cold black top.  Who's going to second Eric on this effort?

Once Adam's rig is back to health, we can move his out of the garage and bring in Nascar's for his drag link.  We can all take apart Nascar's rig, especially stuff that doesn't need fixing, mix it all up, and then watch him put it all back together.

Does that cover it?

I'll also have a starter t put in...

No one touches my truck but A select few. Nothing against anyone else but I just don't trust you.

this one?  if so, I can get it ordered and shipepd to who ever needs it next..just start a thread and keep track of it..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRGXY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002SRGXY&linkCode=as2&tag=sama-20

Or this one?

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-8031-Ball-Joint-Truck/dp/B000O1E52E/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1384568551&sr=1-5&keywords=ball+joint+jeep+wrangler

No one touches my truck but A select few. Nothing against anyone else but I just don't trust you.

Come on, just because I have no idea what I'm doing, and most of what I do you have to fix later is no reason not to let me take apart your rig :thefinger:  :lol:

Is "A select few" code for Otnoc?

Well..if you think it would be good to have around, let me know.. and we'll put it into action

Brian is on the "list". If you haven't noticed, I do most of the work on my jeep outside of install parties....there is a reason behind that, I don't need bump putting my trackbar on upside down and backwards

I was honored to be privileged enough to roll out bed liner.  

Well..if you think it would be good to have around, let me know.. and we'll put it into action

This is an awesome suggestion Christian. Thank you very much. But I think we need to see how many people would use it. I had to tell matt that I couldn't do his cause my press was trashed and I'm booked up over the next month. The other issue that stands is the fact that if bjs are going to be replaced, most people will be (should be) doing gussets at the same time as to not burn up the new bjs. Can of worms type thing hat may need more discussion in another thread...

• Like 1

I was honored to be privileged enough to roll out bed liner.

You're on the list, why else do you think I went down on your finger

Brian is on the "list". If you haven't noticed, I do most of the work on my jeep outside of install parties....there is a reason behind that, I don't need bump putting my trackbar on upside down and backwards

Too many hands leads to simple mistakes. I've had to go back and correct a lot of stuff that was messed with at parties. The help is always appreciated but I'd rather have someone who knows more than me help or someone to work diff by side on individual things , not divide and conquer.

Sounds good..whenever it's ready, start a thread..see what we need and who needs it..  When I end up getting rear corners, I'l probably grab a nutsert tool, cause I ain't drilling all those holes and using that manual tool again..

• Like 1

Christian, I was thinking the same.  Here is my thought.  Each person that uses it should kick in $25 - $50 bucks as a usage fee.  Keep it at a central location and pass it around.  Everyone should carry the load.  And the BJs have to be bought from JJG.

I know I've been saving up for this and some other tools for my truss and gusset weekend in March. 

Let me know what you're thinking.

I have the same OCD about other people doing work.  I at least like to be well involved if it's something over my head, after all, I'm going to be the one driving it, maintaining it, and fixing it in a pinch.  When I let others do installs, I end up with a cowl in my hood cut too forward that shows about 1" too much of the inside of my engine compartment.  Yes, I notice the little things and yes, it sticks out like a mother fucker on a white Jeep.   

• Like 2

Too many hands leads to simple mistakes. I've had to go back and correct a lot of stuff that was messed with at parties. The help is always appreciated but I'd rather have someone who knows more than me help or someone to work diff by side on individual things , not divide and conquer.

Agreed.  I think 3 is the magic number.  A lead, and helper, and someone to tag in.  I've seen lifts installed by two that took less time than lifts installed by 6.

I have the same OCD about other people doing work.  I at least like to be well involved if it's something over my head, after all, I'm going to be the one driving it, maintaining it, and fixing it in a pinch.  When I let others do installs, I end up with a cowl in my hood cut too forward that shows about 1" too much of the inside of my engine compartment.  Yes, I notice the little things and yes, it sticks out like a mother fucker on a white Jeep.   

Ouch, I never noticed

Agreed. I think 3 is the magic number. A lead, and helper, and someone to tag in. I've seen lifts installed by two that took less time than lifts installed by 6.

It does go faster and less gets overlooked. Details matter and you can't guarantee that kind of control and checks with a mob doing work. Can't fault anyone, it's just the nature of the beast.

Christian, I was thinking the same. Here is my thought. Each person that uses it should kick in $25 - $50 bucks as a usage fee. Keep it at a central location and pass it around. Everyone should carry the load. And the BJs have to be bought from JJG.

I know I've been saving up for this and some other tools for my truss and gusset weekend in March.

Let me know what you're thinking.

I got a decent ball joint press from advanced auto that I borrowed with all the cups. I like liked it so much I bought it of of them , it was new to for 179

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . Rich