Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
MJHomebrew

Tire Reviews

I'm seriously contemplating new tires.
I put a little over 40k on the Goodyear Duratracs that I'm running now.
Should I replace them with the same tire? I like the look of them, the pricing, and for sure the tread life. Going up to 35's only adds about 1# per tire I think.

What tires are you running?
What do you like about them?
Dislikes?
Would you buy them again?

DuraTracs  35 x 12.5.  Two minor knocks, I have two spots where I can spin the shit out of them with the smallest amount of moisture.  They measure 34" at 35 psi.

I'll probably continue to buy either DuraTracs or BFGs as I have had good experiences with both.

So far I've run 33" cooper stt's on my pickup got close to 70k with those. And now running 35"s on the jeep great sound and great daily driving manners. Hope they go as long as the 33's. Great in snow and mud so far. And iggy can tell you how they were at Rausch.

The coopers are a pretty good tire so far. My only complaint is the load range on their 35. With such a stiff sidewall you have to run pretty low psi (27 with my jeeps weight) to have a good wear pattern, and it is fairly easy to take chunks out of them. I would rather have a softer sidewall and be able to run a little more psi for on the road. They've done pretty well with everything I've thrown at them so far. Just noisier than my duratracs but it's a jeep, who cares

• Like 1

I run the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.5.  Agressive tread pattern and the sound is not crazy loud either.  I like the Duratracs also and run them on my Raptor.  They're quiet and great for on road...but the Nitto's are a better off road tire...at least IMO. 

38x14.5x16 km2

Great in everything but frog hole

... and grassy hills in Centralia.

• Like 1

Any tire won't work if they aren't touching the ground

But yours were..... :thefinger:

Pussy

That is usually what you have if you don't have a front shaft.  Didn't they teach you that in like 8th grade? 

• Like 3

I run the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.5.  Agressive tread pattern and the sound is not crazy loud either.  I like the Duratracs also and run them on my Raptor.  They're quiet and great for on road...but the Nitto's are a better off road tire...at least IMO. 

I ran Greg's Trail Grapplers on Hutchinson bead locks when I visited Big Dogs.  Fantastic on the highway at 26 PSI (it was a 300 something mile drive) and insane on the rocks at 8PSI.  They're on my short list for when the SSR's are done.  The short list consists of Mickey Thompson TTC's, BFG Krawlers, Pitbull Rockers and the Trail Grapplers.

That is usually what you have if you don't have a front shaft.  Didn't they teach you that in like 8th grade? 

Steve can actually write a report on the Cooper STTs and the Mickey Thompson MTZ's.  I really liked the MTZ's and thought they did a phenomenal job.  They're a step more aggressive than Duratracs, but not a full on M/T.  Quiet on the road too.

As for the Interco SSR's I goddamn love them.  Strangely quiet on the highway (you can even ask Steve) and damn good in everything....except sand where they just dig holes.  If you see mud, they're nothing short of phenomenal.

I ran Greg's Trail Grapplers on Hutchinson bead locks when I visited Big Dogs.  Fantastic on the highway at 26 PSI (it was a 300 something mile drive) and insane on the rocks at 8PSI.  They're on my short list for when the SSR's are done.  The short list consists of Mickey Thompson TTC's, BFG Krawlers, Pitbull Rockers and the Trail Grapplers.

Steve can actually write a report on the Cooper STTs and the Mickey Thompson MTZ's.  I really liked the MTZ's and thought they did a phenomenal job.  They're a step more aggressive than Duratracs, but not a full on M/T.  Quiet on the road too.

As for the Interco SSR's I goddamn love them.  Strangely quiet on the highway (you can even ask Steve) and damn good in everything....except sand where they just dig holes.  If you see mud, they're nothing short of phenomenal.

Yes I can do this. At least for the ST Maxx.  Havent'e wheeled the MTZs at RC yet so I'll know that soon. 

Yes I can do this. At least for the ST Maxx.  Havent'e wheeled the MTZs at RC yet so I'll know that soon. 

well then do it!  slacker

well then do it! slacker

I will try to get to it before I go climb a mountain.

• Like 1