Disconnected Offroad
mtrostle

RR XHD Rear Bumper

Anyone know the approximate weight of RR XHD Rear Bumper without the tire carrier? Since JerseyDevil sold me his front bumper, I’m seriously considering pulling the trigger on the rear.

Call me shallow, but I’m kinda of a matchy match guy. Guess that’s why I became designer because mismatched shite annoys me. It’s all about symmetry and balance.

Anyway, back on subject. I have a 2007 JKU Sahara, 2.5” lift (springs/coils) with (5) 35”x12.5”x17” Nitto Trail Grapplers. I use a Kargo Master Congo Cage for my bikes or Thule roof top carrier for family trips. Soft top for the warm weather and hard top for the winter months.

I guess my concern is sagging in the rear with the weight of the bumper. Anyone have problems with the additional weight? If so, how did you remedy the situation without a new lift?

I’m not going to pull the trigger on the tire carrier yet, but that will be next on the list.

i have no idea about the particular weight of the bumper.. hopefully someone has an idea.. shipping weight from a site may give you a ballpark though :dunno:

But the biggest issue that you will have with sagging is if the load isn't balanced, such as running a really heavy setup up front and nothing in the rear or vice versa.  I know with my rk 2.5 and a heavy steel bumper with tire carrier my ass end was sagging until i added weight to the front with a steel bumper.  hope that helps a little bit

What springs (manufacturer) do you have?

Rough Country, which I've seen discussions in other forums where users have had rear sag issues with the JKU rear springs.

Rough country makes lifts for everything including heavy duty trucks so I would hope that their jk springs wouldn't sag.

Rough country has the worst springs of any manufacturer. Go look at the wife fuckers jeep and look how lop sided it is.

Sent from my Obama phone using Tapatalk

Rough country has the worst springs of any manufacturer. Go look at the wife fuckers jeep and look how lop sided it is.

Ouch.  I thought you were chill with the wife fucker.

Like I said, I'd hope their jk springs would hold up to the status they have on other applications. They are the go to for pickups and I have never seen an issue with them on the 2500's and f250's I've seen them on.

Like I said, I'd hope their jk springs would hold up to the status they have on other applications. They are the go to for pickups and I have never seen an issue with them on the 2500's and f250's I've seen them on.

Yea man. My YJ springs were trashed after a year.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

Yea man. My YJ springs were trashed after a year.

I thought YJs were leaf sprung.

Ouch. I thought you were chill with the wife fucker.

No one is chill with the wife fucker. He needs a dirt nap

• Like 1

Anyone know the approximate weight of RR XHD Rear Bumper without the tire carrier? Since JerseyDevil sold me his front bumper, I’m seriously considering pulling the trigger on the rear.

Call me shallow, but I’m kinda of a matchy match guy. Guess that’s why I became designer because mismatched shite annoys me. It’s all about symmetry and balance.

Anyway, back on subject. I have a 2007 JKU Sahara, 2.5” lift (springs/coils) with (5) 35”x12.5”x17” Nitto Trail Grapplers. I use a Kargo Master Congo Cage for my bikes or Thule roof top carrier for family trips. Soft top for the warm weather and hard top for the winter months.

I guess my concern is sagging in the rear with the weight of the bumper. Anyone have problems with the additional weight? If so, how did you remedy the situation without a new lift?

I’m not going to pull the trigger on the tire carrier yet, but that will be next on the list.

You're shallow.

Who's coils?

RC coils have a bad rep.  I've heard from some that they have improved their quality and now have a lifetime sag warranty.  Which is nice until you have to keep changing the coils.

Most people will suggest Rock Krawler over most, but not all companies.  They have had some issues with bushings failing, but from what I've heard, that has been addressed.

This is what I know first hand.

I have a RK 2.5 X Factor lift on a JKU.  I have around 150lbs+ of steel bumper and winch on the front, and probably more hanging off the rear, steel bumper and spare.  The lift is over a year old.  No sag noticed

No one is chill with the wife fucker. He needs a dirt nap

I'ma have to disagree there.

Sent from the magical land of Central Jersey

• Like 1

RC coils have a bad rep.  I've heard from some that they have improved their quality and now have a lifetime sag warranty.  Which is nice until you have to keep changing the coils.

Most people will suggest Rock Krawler over most, but not all companies.  They have had some issues with bushings failing, but from what I've heard, that has been addressed.

This is what I know first hand.

I have a RK 2.5 X Factor lift on a JKU.  I have around 150lbs+ of steel bumper and winch on the front, and probably more hanging off the rear, steel bumper and spare.  The lift is over a year old.  No sag noticed

Now that that's settled, can we hate on cats now