Disconnected Offroad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bump

Random Rants and Raves

That was your DICK? Lol, I thought it was some kind of larva.  And next time, please double-check the phone number you're sending too. 

thank you i just brought my lunch up after visualizing your statement....been waitin all day for a hot meal

I'm going to do the redneck ram. I just don't want my jeep down for a month while the rebuild and drill my box.

Isn't there a core exchange option?

speaking of Core Exchange, anyone know if Chris (Wardy) got his engine done?

also, anyone want a full-on Dirty Laundry type section?

In other news..and I don't know how to say this without sounding petty, jealous maybe, or just down right pissed..but, Would it be possible for people to get their tongue out of Marcus' ass?  I mean really, dealer's get fired all the time. the method and delivery may have sucked, but I can't help but think (at least a very small part of me) that he did do it to gain favor and support.  Don't get me wrong, similar to what everyone else has said, he seems like a very good guy..the couple times I have talked to him, nothing but respect each way..  maybe I see it a little different than most, so just skip and move on, if no need to discuss. thanks

speaking of Core Exchange, anyone know if Chris (Wardy) got his engine done? also, anyone want a full-on Dirty Laundry type section? In other news..and I don't know how to say this without sounding petty, jealous maybe, or just down right pissed..but, Would it be possible for people to get their tongue out of Marcus' ass? I mean really, dealer's get fired all the time. the method and delivery may have sucked, but I can't help but think (at least a very small part of me) that he did do it to gain favor and support. Don't get me wrong, similar to what everyone else has said, he seems like a very good guy..the couple times I have talked to him, nothing but respect each way.. maybe I see it a little different than most, so just skip and move on, if no need to discuss. thanks

River city off road marcus? Did he get canned? I guess I need to read up on JKO, but that's like 3 forums ago lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

speaking of Core Exchange, anyone know if Chris (Wardy) got his engine done?   also, anyone want a full-on Dirty Laundry type section?   In other news..and I don't know how to say this without sounding petty, jealous maybe, or just down right pissed..but, Would it be possible for people to get their tongue out of Marcus' ass?  I mean really, dealer's get fired all the time. the method and delivery may have sucked, but I can't help but think (at least a very small part of me) that he did do it to gain favor and support.  Don't get me wrong, similar to what everyone else has said, he seems like a very good guy..the couple times I have talked to him, nothing but respect each way..  maybe I see it a little different than most, so just skip and move on, if no need to discuss. thanks

Yes last week I believe

JKO Admin pulled Marcus' thread..but they are popping up on the others.  He offered to buy a skid plate for their give away that got f'd because some guy threatened to sue cause of illegal lottery for GenRight.  GenRight basically said thanks, but no thanks..and by the way, weve been thinking about it and you're no longer a dealer for us, cause of low sales and little support.. (Which by everything I have been involved with, seems about how they do it)  Genright says there is more to the story, but everyone is now gonna boycott GR and throw all their money at RCO.  and by default, I guess I have now done the same thing I am bitchign about..haha

Yes last week I believe

OK, I just messaged him to see what we have to do to get that shipped back..

Never liked genright. So no big loss there. They are equivalent to TWF in my book

also, anyone want a full-on Dirty Laundry type section?

Um, right now you're pretty much the only vendor on here.  You really want to create a Dirty Laundry for people to complain about you?   :thefinger:

The only thing I don't like about Christian is that we never got to hang out at a bar...I cry myself to sleep a lot because he moved

I was thinking more for keep the Rants in general 'private'..but yeah, I get ya..

there's still time young nascar..

JKO Admin pulled Marcus' thread..but they are popping up on the others.  He offered to buy a skid plate for their give away that got f'd because some guy threatened to sue cause of illegal lottery for GenRight.  GenRight basically said thanks, but no thanks..and by the way, weve been thinking about it and you're no longer a dealer for us, cause of low sales and little support.. (Which by everything I have been involved with, seems about how they do it)  Genright says there is more to the story, but everyone is now gonna boycott GR and throw all their money at RCO.  and by default, I guess I have now done the same thing I am bitchign about..haha

Sorry, I didn't think of it as pushing business towards RCO, but I can see how that could happen.  I wasn't so much kissing Marcus' ass as expressing my displeasure at GenRight. 

I understand that a manufacturer might legitimately impose minimum sales volumes to maintain a direct account.  I've worked for companies that did this, primarily to prevent people from setting-up a shell company just to buy stuff for themselves and their friends at a discount.  I also understand that if you have a reseller that pushes customers to buy competitor's products for no other reason than higher profit is someone you don't want to have on-board.  Or a cutting-off a reseller that knows nothing about what they're selling and provides no customer service.

But in my experience when this happens there is conversation with the reseller and they are given time to resolve the problems.  Unless a reseller is doing something fraudulent or extremely damaging to the manufacturer's reputation, I've never experienced a situation where they were just cut-off without advance warning.

I've always thought there was a layer of sleeze hiding under the surface at GenRight.  Their ninja marketing tactics with txdouche, turning tech threads into full-blown marketing campaigns, spamming the shit out of every Jeep site they sponsor.  They became a sponsor of NJJC a few months ago and the New Posts page is full of Genright posts every day.  If every manufacturer behaved this way the forums would be worse than watching TNT during the last half hour of a movie.

http://www.eldoradooutpost.com/

http://www.eldoradooutpost.com/badin_lake_area_new%20edit.jpg '>

Doesn't look all that large, but people say it's a day's worth of wheeling..

I'd come down for a weekend to wheel that.  It's supposed to be a pretty nice area.  Maybe the first annual DOR UWharrie TrailFest?

I'd come down for a weekend to wheel that.  It's supposed to be a pretty nice area.  Maybe the first annual DOR UWharrie TrailFest?

Post radiation run, fuck cancer

You've been saying this for over a year now.

It also boils down to money. Hard to pay off a jeep and save for a garage to build jeeps in at the same time (atleast on my salary) All said and done this garage will nickel and dime me for the price of a fully loaded rubicon unlimited. Can't have it all at the same time.

Yes. It's a few bucks more though.

You confuse me Perry.  If downtime is what you're trying to avoid, the the core change is the way to go AND we can ensure a healthy blanket of snow for us to play in.  I realize a few bucks is a few bucks but I don't see how you're going to accomplish hydro-steer with your current parameters.

EDIT:  I respect saving the $200.  Can't have it all at once, which I accept.  After all, check out the new object of my Jeeplust:

http://www.offroadonly.com/catalog.130318/product_info.php?products_id=312

I need more big jobs!!!!!

You confuse me Perry. If downtime is what you're trying to avoid, the the core change is the way to go AND we can ensure a healthy blanket of snow for us to play in. I realize a few bucks is a few bucks but I don't see how you're going to accomplish hydro-steer with your current parameters.

In time....

In time....

$499 if I send them my box $699 if I get a new one. I'd like to add a cooler and inline filter if I could. All said and done I'd be looking at just under a grand.

You confuse me Perry.  If downtime is what you're trying to avoid, the the core change is the way to go AND we can ensure a healthy blanket of snow for us to play in.  I realize a few bucks is a few bucks but I don't see how you're going to accomplish hydro-steer with your current parameters.

EDIT:  I respect saving the $200.  Can't have it all at once, which I accept.  After all, check out the new object of my Jeeplust:

http://www.offroadonly.com/catalog.130318/product_info.php?products_id=312

I need more big jobs!!!!!

You need to start thinking bigger Rick!

EDIT: I respect saving the $200. Can't have it all at once, which I accept. After all, check out the new object of my Jeeplust: I need more big jobs!!!!!

My lust would be: 40s tons 8-10" stretch with comp corners Full cage 14" ORI front and rear struts with the rears coming through the floor to a tower LSX