Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Good Year Fierce Attitude M/T's?

Anyone see the Fierce Attitude M/T's yet?  Look to be a more aggressive DuraTrac, but for cheaper.  Discount Tire Direct has them for $257.    Thoughts?

t_20121211.dunvm3.ang.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/fierce/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=14324&tmn=Fierce+Attitude+MT&typ=Truck%2FSUV

I got a price on these tires already from a place in Woodbury called first choice tire and repair. For 35x12.5R17 1,420 installed. Not sure if that's a slight deal he's giving me because my company takes the work vehicles there

Anything you say in this thread is invalid.  

I looked at those when I first was going to 33s.  I talked to a bunch of guys at the tire show (a good year shop) and they said I would not be happy with them in the mud or on rocks. They look aggressive but dont clear well.

I've heard they are good in the snow and rain because of all the siping, mud-so so. Haven't heard much about them on rocks. Good on road manners as well.

So, thus far I've run 4 different tires on my Jeep.  Stock, Mickey Thompson MTZ in 35s, Nitto Trail Grapplers in 37 (borrowed from Glomb for a few thousand miles) and the Super Swamper SSRs.  I can tell you that I'd run the MTZ or Trail Grappler without any hesitation whatsoever.  These Fierce Attitudes look A LOT like MTZs and they're definitely an improvement over stock KM's, so for the price, just do it.

I will also say that the Hankook Dynapro won the 4WD Magazine M/T tire shootout recently.  I might not look badass, but it smoked every other M/T out there all-around.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/129-1104-mud-tire-shootout-first-place-hankook-dynapro-mt/

I would have run the Dynapros instead of the MTZ's they just weren't available in the size I wanted at the time.  And FWIW, the the Fierce Attitude, Dynapro, MTZ and Trail Grappler looks like they won't dig in sand because the tread blocks aren't too far apart.

• Like 2

The only thing that worries me about these is no concentration on sidewall layers or strength in the description. For running rausch it's a little more insurance that you won't have to make a trail side tire change. They look like they are pretty damn close to the duratracs

So, thus far I've run 4 different tires on my Jeep.  Stock, Mickey Thompson MTZ in 35s, Nitto Trail Grapplers in 37 (borrowed from Glomb for a few thousand miles) and the Super Swamper SSRs.  I can tell you that I'd run the MTZ or Trail Grappler without any hesitation whatsoever.  These Fierce Attitudes look A LOT like MTZs and they're definitely an improvement over stock KM's, so for the price, just do it.

I will also say that the Hankook Dynapro won the 4WD Magazine M/T tire shootout recently.  I might not look badass, but it smoked every other M/T out there all-around.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/129-1104-mud-tire-shootout-first-place-hankook-dynapro-mt/

I would have run the Dynapros instead of the MTZ's they just were available in the size I wanted at the time.  And FWIW, the the Fierce Attitude, Dynapro, MTZ and Trail Grappler looks like they won't dig in sand because the tread blocks aren't too far apart.

The Dynapro M/T are awesome... and seems to be at a great price. 

Since I am an amazon addict.... take a look on there. If you have a prime membership... you can get them shipped for free. Yes, tires shipped for free at a great price. 

I'm interested in seeing the Falken Wildpeak M/Ts. I read they are going to be available in the fall. Falken typically puts out a reasonably priced tire. 

My ex boss runs the dynapros on a few super dutys.. they love em.

I got kind of a dumb ?.im running 15" rims, and I was looking on discount tire, why is it that most 35's are actually cheaper than 33's?

The only thing that worries me about these is no concentration on sidewall layers or strength in the description. For running rausch it's a little more insurance that you won't have to make a trail side tire change. They look like they are pretty damn close to the duratracs

From what I've read up on other sites, these have a 3-ply side wall as compared to DuraTracs which only have a 2-ply.  

From what I've read up on other sites, these have a 3-ply side wall as compared to DuraTracs which only have a 2-ply.

Well that's a plus

Well that's a plus

From what I've been reading, it's a DuraTrac with an MT rating, giving the added side wall strength and a more aggressive tread.