Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
HEAVYMETAL

Corner Armor & Color Choice

Ok. So I'm coming to the conclusion that the PSC corners may be the better choice of the RR's.

My next question would be how to paint them.

Should I body match paint by my local body shop? Flat black? Textured black? Maybe an off color like an anthracite? What do you guys think?

Ok. So I'm coming to the conclusion that the PSC corners may be the better choice of the RR's.

My next question would be how to paint them.

Should I body match paint by my local body shop? Flat black? Textured black? Maybe an off color like an anthracite? What do you guys think?

Owning the RR and having seen the PSC units on Greg's rig, PSC has a much much better fit, beautiful almost, but with 1/8" steel they seem less substantial relative to the RR's which are 3/16" steel.  However, if you're just looking for modest additional protection and to get that custom look faired-in taillight look, then PSC for sure. 

As for color, I like the idea of body-matched with black button head bolts.

Also, for a real custom look, maybe skip the cutouts for the reverse lights and wire in your bumper lights.  Having just the 4" red LED lamps would look real cool.  Even if you ditched the Wurx eventually, having the reverse light mod that is both switched and reverse triggered is cool and can be done with any number of bumpers.

We all know how well body matching goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No, please elaborate. With pictures preferably

Sure.  Here is a hipster hood which, instead of cutting my stocker, was supposed to add more character to the jeep and color match the body.  As you can see, the hood is clearly lighter than the read of the rig.  

1391462_747692281806_1218055795_n.jpg

We all know how well body matching goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I do body match them they will go to Precision Collison around the corner from me. He put a new fender on my Jetta when it was backed in to and it was flawless when he was done.

Sure. Here is a hipster hood which, instead of cutting my stocker, was supposed to add more character to the jeep and color match the body. As you can see, the hood is clearly lighter than the read of the rig.

Posted Image

Yours was color matched right from aev?

I'll be ditching the wurx bumper soon. I really like it, it's just not going to work with my next phase of build. More the likely I'll be going with a stubby rear of some sort and mounting the tire in the cab.

Link?

I want all aluminum except for my bumpers and rocker guards which take the most frequent hits.

Poison spyder