Disconnected Offroad
funjester

Tire Balancing Weights

Ok the ones on my wheels are taped on with double sided tape. I have had one come off already with just street driving and had to have the wheel rebalanced. Any thoughts on what I could do to make sure they don't come off?

Go back to that shop and tell them you need a more secure way to have the weights added. If they can't then get a refund and go somewhere that can Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I really don't want to deal with them anymore. I got into an argument the last 2 times I was there and don't trust them. I was thinking of a 2 part epoxy but not sure if you guys have a better idea..

Doubled sided tape does seem right at all. When I worked at ford in the shop and mounted and balanced tires and used the weights that went inside. It was a pretty strong adhesive than a rubber Mallet to get them to stick pretty well to the rim. Try camper bobs.

I really don't want to deal with them anymore. I got into an argument the last 2 times I was there and don't trust them. I was thinking of a 2 part epoxy but not sure if you guys have a better idea..

The issue with adding epoxy is you're also adding weight so it won't be perfect.... Better than losing them but I'd have it done correctly Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No, don't epoxy.  If you do you'll damage the wheel trying to get them off later.  The weights need to be attached to a clean, relatively-flat surface.  If installed correctly they will never come off until pried off.  Find yourself another tire guy and have it done right.

• Like 1

Doubled sided tape does seem right at all. When I worked at ford in the shop and mounted and balanced tires and used the weights that went inside. It was a pretty strong adhesive than a rubber Mallet to get them to stick pretty well to the rim.

Try camper bobs.

Are you calling Jester an asshole?

Ive got 8 oz bag of balance beads in mine and no issues and no weights. Mine are 35s.

My understanding is that they can clump-up and freeze in cold weather and going around long curves at certain speeds, such as highway on/off ramps, can get dicey.  Is this your experience?

My understanding is that they can clump-up and freeze in cold weather and going around long curves at certain speeds, such as highway on/off ramps, can get dicey.  Is this your experience?

Not that I noticed bump. I can't say I take it on long trips on the highway. I haven't had any problem yet.

With your new steel wheels they should be using the type of weights they actually have to pound on the lip of the wheel with a hammer. Old school lead weights. Do they still make them anymore? Yeah, I know, I'm old. Lol

With your new steel wheels they should be using the type of weights they actually have to pound on the lip of the wheel with a hammer. Old school lead weights. Do they still make them anymore? Yeah, I know, I'm old. Lol

Im old too-been gonna paint these black for over a year now...I don't even notice them anymore though so its still on the todo list:lol: Is this thing on?

This is what's on now..Posted ImagePosted ImageThose beads look cool.. They have to go in I figure when the tire is put on right..

No you push them through the valve stem.:thefinger:

No you push them through the valve stem.:thefinger:

Dumbass. That actually happened when using Equal brand beads. They come with a special valve core