Disconnected Offroad
Ericbg83

25,000 miles service

My 2011 jk sport only has 23,000 miles on it. Is there anything in particular that should be done on a 25,000 miles service. Besides oil change change And tire rotation ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The owners manual just states that you should inspect things such as the CV joints, exhaust, and front and rear axle fluid.

Here's a link to the owners manual with the Chrysler recommended maintenance schedule in case you don't have one:

****** WARNING - LINK TO A PDF FILE!!!! *******

www.jeep.com/download/pdf/ug/2011-Wrangler-UG-1st.pdf

Injector/fuel system cleaning. Throw a can of seafoam in an empty gas tank before filling up. A throttle body cleaning. Check transmission fluid. Possible drain and fill. Mike F, is this still a common procedure on new vehicles? At work we do this on the 6L90Es at 30k. A good time to check torques and grease vehicle. Check drive shafts for play. I can provide my company's preventative maintenance check sheets. Would be nice to use it since I created it and it's all encompassing. I can help you do a full 100pt inspection in a few weeks if you need help.

30k is a good time for trans xfer case and diffs

^This.  I just did my t-case before the trip and it was perfectly clear.  However, until about 9 months ago, you were playing in the water A LOT.

• Like 1

Injector/fuel system cleaning. Throw a can of seafoam in an empty gas tank before filling up. A throttle body cleaning. Check transmission fluid. Possible drain and fill. Mike F, is this still a common procedure on new vehicles? At work we do this on the 6L90Es at 30k. A good time to check torques and grease vehicle. Check drive shafts for play. I can provide my company's preventative maintenance check sheets. Would be nice to use it since I created it and it's all encompassing. I can help you do a full 100pt inspection in a few weeks if you need help.

I appreciate your input here and everyone else's. I'm 2,000 miles away from 25. Wanted to prep myself for anything serious that needs to be done. I'm getting ready to put dif covers on soon that fluid will be changed. I would appreciate your help on a 100 pt inspection.

30k is a good time for trans xfer case and diffs

Diffs I can do. But not familiar with the transfer case at all.

Diffs I can do. But not familiar with the transfer case at all.

Meh, get an oil pump to refill it and it's too easy. There are writeup sim just too lazy to do one myself
  • Like 1

You can never go wrong by changing fluid and filter early. Use the correct atf and you will be fine. I consider our jeeps in the severe service table for maintinence.

Eric, This one will work better than the one I made for the tractors. This is for medium duty trucks. It's 65 points but is all encompassing for what anyone needs to do on a jeep. I can upload a PDF file if needed.

2uduhade.jpg

y8asypyb.jpg

Tranny fluid is should be changed at 30k

Yeah, but you didn't get stuck in water as much as Eric did.  Wildpeaks FTW!!!!!!......or not.

I think I'm due for a transfer case and tans fluid change as well. What kind of ATF do you guys use? How many quarts? Oh and how hard is this to do or should I get it done at a shop?

Has anyone else made up a key to do the manual tranny fluid? I cut a 17mm Allen wrench to fit inbetween the trans and exhaust but it disappeared into the abyss that is Steve's garage.

I have one but I'm not near you. Shouldn't be that expensive at harbor freight

I have one but I'm not near you. Shouldn't be that expensive at harbor freight

I think I'm gunna try to make a 1/2" coupling nut work if no one up here has one. Cutting a hardened steel Allen wrench that big was a pain in the ass and I don't want to do it again unless I have to.

Which way did you do yours?

Allen key and a cutoff wheel running at 25,000 rpm. I didn't have a problems

• Like 1

I think I'm due for a transfer case and tans fluid change as well. What kind of ATF do you guys use? How many quarts? Oh and how hard is this to do or should I get it done at a shop?

I use Royal Purple, everything nut my power steering has been changed over to it, also i only buy from pepboys if i dont have time to order by the case on ebay.

mmmm, hydronamic wedging......

Remind me again, what is "hydrodynamic wedging" and is Royal Purple better or worse at it than other brands? (perhaps a new thread here).....

Remind me again, what is "hydrodynamic wedging" and is Royal Purple better or worse at it than other brands? (perhaps a new thread here).....

Are you having fun at Perry's expense or are you actually interested in this topic?

I only ask as Nascar and Perry have both had extensive pro vs con on this topic.

Here is the short version.  Hydronamic wedging is good, but Perry sees no reason to pay for it.  

According to the recent detente reached on the topic, I believe Amsoil was declared the winner in the quality and price discussion.

Are you having fun at Perry's expense or are you actually interested in this topic?

I only ask as Nascar and Perry have both had extensive pro vs con on this topic.

Here is the short version.  Hydronamic wedging is good, but Perry sees no reason to pay for it.  

According to the recent detente reached on the topic, I believe Amsoil was declared the winner in the quality and price discussion.

Not having fun.  I think it's a worthwhile discussion deserving of it's own thread.  Doesn't matter how modded out your Jeep is or whether or you run Wharton, RC, to the mall, liquor store or CVS to buy tampons for yourself (if you're a gal) or your gal, motor oil is lifeblood and there's a lot of discussion out there but you have to look for it.  We have a few threads about what people run on here, but if you recall, the deeper discussion was had elsewhere.

• Like 1