Disconnected Offroad
Sign in to follow this  
Artayay

Flatbed Haulers - Who's got one?

If you have, or are thinking about getting a Flatbed, post it up. What brand, length, single or double axle? Hitch or 5th wheel, etc..

PJ Trailers seem to be popular, what else is out there?

• Like 1

I've got an 18' mustang trailer. They are a small company out of pa that build some nice trailers. It is on the heavy side at 2200lbs empty, but it pulls better then any other similar trailer I have used. I've been thinking about selling it and picking up either a 22' gooseneck.

20130517_185812_zpsd1984b8e.jpg

• Like 3

18' Sure Trac steel deck with 4' dove, 5' ramps, 5k D-rings, stake pockets and winch plate.

taru8apa.jpg

eme3a8u4.jpg

My next trailer will be a gooser large enough to haul 2 rigs. A Ram CTD will be pulling it.

• Like 1

I almost bought that same trailer. They are really nice.

Thanks man. Yeah I love it. The axle position seemed a little further forward then most which really helped it balance nice with the junk on it. Tows excellent behind the hemi.

20 ft 10k sure trac car trailer. . Removable driver side fender.. installed about 40 ft of etrac for securing atvs, bikes, or anything for that matter. She a bit porky at about 2600 lbs, but whatever. The price difference for 3k more gvwr and 2 ft was only a few hundred bucks so I said why not.

Got the better tire package and leds, paid 4k out the door.

• Like 2

nyjaja2u.jpg

04 avalanche 2500 with an 8.1 big block.

1992 7k trailer with reinforcements across the deck to stiffen it up.

nyjaja2u.jpg

Mmmmmmm big block Chevy.

nyjaja2u.jpg

DAM! Look at fuckin mike!

Lol.

But that truck will probably move that jeep faster then the jeep itself could. Hahaha

I think that is true for a lot of people. I can pull the hill on 501 going to rausch comfortably at 60 in the truck. I would be in 4th gear with my foot to the floor to do 50 up it in the jeep. I get pretty close to the same mpg the jeep does too.

I think that is true for a lot of people. I can pull the hill on 501 going to rausch comfortably at 60 in the truck. I would be in 4th gear with my foot to the floor to do 50 up it in the jeep. I get pretty close to the same mpg the jeep does too.

I can't wait to hit the 501 hill with the hemi. We'll see.

My ls motor surprised the shit out of me. No I'm not being a fan boy..just that...

my dump truck empty is 14 tons. Still slow but gets out of its own way. 40 tons..forget it.

so, it's obviously a different weight class but honestly I was expecting my half ton to struggle, alot.

it didnt. It rowed through the 6 speed awesome. Definitely slower, but the rpms were climbing just fine, not at a stalemate on a hill. Awesome power. I was extremely impressed.

• Like 2

My ls motor surprised the shit out of me. No I'm not being a fan boy..just that...

my dump truck empty is 14 tons. Still slow but gets out of its own way. 40 tons..forget it.

so, it's obviously a different weight class but honestly I was expecting my half ton to struggle, alot.

it didnt. It rowed through the 6 speed awesome. Definitely slower, but the rpms were climbing just fine, not at a stalemate on a hill. Awesome power. I was extremely impressed.

That 5.3 is a really impressive motor. I would love to swap one in my JK.

Happy with my 5.0, it pulls my LJ just fine on my 18' PJ. It even pulls nascar's pig over the del mem bridge and maintains 60.

nura8anu.jpg

Lol that thing must get 6 mpg pulling.

Actually the mileage doesn't change much because of the 440ft lbs of torque. Around town it gets 13-14 mpg if i drive normal

Fuck the 501 hill. No problems going up but coming down gets me nervous. This year the motorhome is going around the long way.

• Like 1

My truck is probably 800-1000lbs heavier and the hemi does great. Hopefully you dont have the 3.21 gears and 6-speed that may suck a little, but should still be fine if you drop to 4th or 3rd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I used to hall 2 quads and camping gear in my 4.7L Ram & trailer up 501 with no issues.  Did strain a little bit the time I overloaded everything with 2 tent platforms worth of lumber, but still made it.  I'm sure you'll all be fine.  I have to see if I have a pic of that still.  How I made it all the way up there without getting pulled over is amazing.  

• Like 1

My truck is probably 8300-1000lbs heavier and the hemi does great. Hopefully you dont have the 3.21 gears and 6-630speed that may suck a little, but should still be fine if you drop to 4th or 3rd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I've got the 6 speed with 3.92 gears.

I'm not really nervous about it, just curious. I towed the jeep to globex with it. It was flat, but the equipment trailer I used weighed 3k empty. I'm sure she will go up the hill. I'm also sure she's gonna eat like a fat chick at the Old Country Buffet in the process.